Failing to plan is planning to fail.
We want to work side by side with clients who share our vision and a desire to succeed. We help our clients develop, improve and grow their business by providing services that are practical and tangible and create long term value. If you are struggling financially, time poor or constantly stressed you should contact us.
Proactive Accounting Meeting
If you’re keen to improve your business performance and financial results but don’t feel you are being supported enough by your current accountant – give us a call. We’ll arrange a complimentary Proactive Accounting Meeting to review your unique situation and discuss how we may be able to support you.
During the meeting we’ll identify your burning issues, opportunities and potential tax efficiencies, and establish goals and strategies to achieve them. We’ll also have a strategic discussion around the current and future direction of your entities.
We firmly believe that we can help you and more importantly, we want to! Some of the benefits of attending this meeting includes:
- Review and establish your goals and strategies for achievement
- Identify your burning issues and opportunities
- Assess your current business structure
- Stimulate strategic discussion of the current and future direction of your entities
- Identify how we can assist you to achieve your goals through the growth and protection of your assets
- Access to our collective wisdom and advice for your unique situation
- Identify the key drivers of your business
- Identify greater tax efficiencies
- Gain a better understanding of your business
- Understand our service offerings and how they can benefit you
Annual Client Review
As a valued business client, you’ll receive a complimentary annual client review. In fact, this is an annual event for a number of our clients. The review is an opportunity for you to set and review your goals and gives you clarity around the actions you need to take to achieve those goals. It also stimulates strategic discussion and identifies burning issues, opportunities and challenges so that you respond effectively. And of course, it’s an opportunity for our team to identify greater tax efficiencies and asset protection.
We’ll review and discuss your current situation at no cost. It’s an opportunity for us to check in with you that we are giving you all of the assistance that you need. Some of the benefits of attending this meeting includes:
- Clearly discuss and document your business and lifestyle goals
- Gain clarity of the actions you need to take to achieve your goals
- Stimulate strategic discussion around the current and future direction of your business and investments
- Identify your burning issues, opportunities and challenges so you can set actions to respond effectively
- Gain a better understanding of your business
- Access the collective wisdom of our firm
- Assess the current structure of your business
- Potentially identify greater tax efficiencies
Gain a better understanding of the ways we can support you
A great Business Planning process gets to the heart and soul of your business. Upon completion of pre-work we’ll have a greater understanding of your vision and core values in order to facilitate a four-hour planning session to help you create a clear one-page Business Plan.
The outcome of this service is to identify and prioritise goals, both short term and long term, create strategies to achieve your goals, enable you to review actual performance against targets and establish a 90 Day Action Plan to address immediate and critical issues.
Importantly, this process eliminates a factor that is all too common in business – procrastination.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, we recommend you undertake Business Planning. Would you like:
- To increase the level of growth, profitability and cashflow in your business?
- Support to unlock your business potential?
- A clear outline of what you need to do to unlock this potential?
- A document against which to measure your progress?
Some of the benefits of attending this session includes:
- Gives you a chance to review and set the direction of the business
- Eliminates procrastination
- Helps you to find common goals amongst a number of Directors (if applicable)
- Identifies and prioritises your key goals
- Creates strategies for you to achieve your goals
- Identifies what you will need to achieve your goals. This could be a combination of marketing, training, performance management, increased resourcing and cost cutting
- Sets timeframes for achieving goals and therefore provides accountability
- Provides a tool to communicate your business goals and vision with your team
- Divides your goals into short term and long term – Quick Wins vs. Key Projects
- Provides you with a template to review actual performance against targets
- Provides you with a platform to develop Financial Forecasts
- Gives you a basis for you to set team members’ individual goals / targets
The Organisational Review
Many businesses do not have absolute clarity around their team’s defined roles and responsibilities. This often results in owners wearing too many ‘hats’, meaning they have precious little time to spend in a strategic sense, or on high-level activities that create real value for the business.
An Organisational Review will help you to build a functional Organisation Chart, visually defining departments, functions, roles and responsibilities. We will help you to structure your business so that it is more sustainable, scalable, and, ultimately, saleable.
It will be an opportunity for you to define who should be doing what to improve efficiency and give you more time to concentrate on your main activities. Some of the benefits of attending this session includes:
- Increases your ability to make effective strategic decisions
- Helps you to understand the key functions within your business and who should be responsible for them
- Gives you a clear definition of the internal structure of your business
- Allows you to determine ideal roles for the business as opposed to fitting roles to the people on your team
- We will act as a sounding board for you to discuss your ideas
- Gain access to our collective wisdom; our systems, products and services
- Develops a business structure that you understand and have created
- Increases efficiency and productivity in your business model
- Gives you a structure to support the future plans for your business
- Provides clarity for your team about their defined roles, responsibilities and career development opportunities
- Increases team satisfaction as they know what is expected of them within their roles
- Gives clarity on what functions can be outsourced
- Allows your business to be more sustainable, scalable and ultimately saleable
- Frees up time for you to concentrate on revenue generating activities
As a business owner you can at times feel alone and unsupported, spending little time working on your business and trapped in the day to day technical aspects. Our Quarterly Coaching service provides you with increased accountability and support so that you achieve the results you want from your business.
The outcomes include increased profitability and cash flow, customised reporting templates to measure actual performance against forecasts and access to an expert sounding board to ensure you continue working towards your goals.
We will hold you accountable for your actions and ensure that you reach your targets. Some of the benefits of attending this session includes:
- Increased accountability and support from your coach to enable you to achieve your desired results
- Increases profitability and cashflow
- We will work with you to determine a process to report your actual results against your budget
- Gain an understanding the key drivers within your business and what impacts them
- Helps to identify and solve your burning issues
- Gain access to an expert sounding board to thoroughly discuss your ideas
- Understand the impact of ideas prior to implementing them within the business
- Improved leadership
- Improved business performance by identifying ways to overcome challenging issues
- Keeps your Business Plan as a ‘living document’ to ensure you are working towards your goals
- Alignment amongst the Directors in terms of prioritising what projects are important (if applicable)
- Access the collective wisdom of our accountants; our systems, products and service
Core Values Development
Core Values are the essence of a company’s identity; they support the vision and shape the culture of an organisation. We’ve developed an effective service that allows you to create Core Values for your business – providing a great foundation and guide for the way your team interacts with clients and each other.
Attendees will complete pre-work to get thinking about their values and vision for the business so that everyone is prepared to gain maximum benefit from the 4-hour facilitated session. We’ll then guide you through our structured process to create up to five Core Values with definitions which will underpin the expectations of behaviour within your organisation.
Core Values will make leading and managing a team and client expectations a lot easier. When your team live and breathe your Core Values you’re more likely to achieve your business goals. Some of the benefits of this session includes:
- Build a clear foundation for the culture you believe is fundamental to your business success
- Increase alignment within your team
- Clearly communicate what is important to you, the employees, and the company
- Determine the values that will drive your business to achieve its vision
- Core Values will guide expected behaviours and how your team members interact with each other and clients
- Provides a framework and foundation for effective communication
- Reduce workplace stress and tension and build better working relationships
- Core Values act as ‘decision-making filters’ for the day to day operation of the business
- Differentiate your company from your competitors
- Core Values can be used as a primary recruitment and retention tool
- Inspire people to take positive action because they aspire to live into Core Values
- Core Values contribute to the overall success of the organisation
Succession Planning helps you clarify what you want for the future (taking into account business, personal and family expectations) and define the steps required to turn that vision into a reality. At least 3 – 5 years is the ideal timeframe to make sustainable improvements; basically, the more time you have for planning and implementation the better.
All business owners should have a Succession Plan in place. Should an unforeseen event occur, lack of planning will cause unnecessary stress and potentially compromise your sale price, client relationships and the overall reputation of your business.
We’ll begin the half-day Succession Planning session with a presentation providing an overview of important considerations, succession options and processes relevant to your business. We will then work with you to define your succession timeline and identify your ideal succession scenario, opportunities to improve your business value and vulnerabilities you need to manage, documenting them in a robust Succession Plan.
We’ll then set 12-month goals and quarterly goals and actions to achieve these. As a result, you’ll have a roadmap to guide decision making and ensure your business is in the best position to achieve maximum return on your hard work and investment. Some of the benefits of this session includes:
- Dedicated time to review and determine what you want from your business
- Stimulate strategic discussion around ‘what if’ scenarios
- Determine a common vision for owners, team members and successors
- Establish what the challenges and opportunities really are
- We’ll act as an impartial sounding board to help you in the decision-making process
- Clarify your succession process, defining tasks and actions to maximise your outcome
- Identify and prioritise key goals and milestones
- Increase your ability to make effective strategic decisions
- Develop a tool to communicate your Succession Plan with family and other key stakeholders
- We’ll encourage you to be accountable for your achieving your goals
- Access our collective wisdom, systems, products and services
Cashflow planning is best practice in any business and critical to survival and growth. Our Cashflow Management service is designed to help you improve your Cash Conversion Cycle and maximise your cashflow. It will allow you to predict large cash outflows and respond to changes in your business.
Managing cashflow is all about your business processes. After preparing a Cashflow Forecast we’ll conduct a thorough review of your processes and identify any potential causes of poor cashflow so that we can treat the underlying issues.
We’ll meet with you on a quarterly basis to monitor, analyse and adjust your key cashflow drivers. Acting as your accountability coach, we’ll help you set annual goals and devise a 90 Day Action Plan to ensure you implement improvement strategies for maximum results. Some of the benefits of this session includes:
- Assists with bank lending requirements
- Identify ways to avoid late payment penalties and interest from suppliers
- Improved communication and stronger relationships with your financiers and suppliers
- Gain an understanding of cash and liquidity for better decision making
- Understand the key cashflow drivers and the Cash Conversion Cycle in your business
- Ability to predict and plan for large cash outflows
- Learn to monitor your actual cashflow against forecast in your accounting or reporting software
- Peace of mind that your cashflow needs are known and properly funded
- Improved business processes that maximise cashflow, profit and business value
- Drive your business to achieving your goals in a controlled and managed way